I am drawn to the oddities in art, particularly in figurative sculpture. My work generally illustrates my attraction to peculiar or abstract forms with stoic facial expressions. Although I use varied materials, polymer clay in its many applications is a favorite because of its forgiving nature and unique properties.
There is a freedom in creating and as an artist I embrace the imperfections left in the wake of the creative process. Here the human element is most evident, and it can be as provocative as our artistic signature.
International Polymer Clay Association May/June 2017
- Feature article and Cover art
Art Doll Quarterly:
- Summer 2016- Article and Cover Art featuring Bird Peeps
- Fall 2011- Pod Heads
- Winter 2008 – Odd Dolls-An Ode to Joseph Cornell
- Sept/Oct 1997 – Wings of Creativity Book.
- May/June 1998- Egyptian Scroll.
- Sept/Oct 1998 – With One Stamp challenge, Egyptian Book, Mixed media cards, and box, Moon Book.
- Jan/Feb 1999- Storyteller story , Fervent Heart card.
- May/June 1999- With One Stamp Challenge.
- Sept/Oct 1999- Accordian Book.
- Mar/April 2000- Artist Portfolio-Featured Artist.
- July/Aug 2003- The Lettermen Article.
- Jan/Feb 2010-The Aubergine Queens
- Autumn 2003 – True Colors Article.
- Winter 2004- Olivia’s Wings.
- Summer 2003- Faux Glass Beads Article.
- June 2009 Vol. 7 No. 4- Alcohol Inks on Polymer Clay.
Exhibitions and Achievements
Petaluma Art Exhibition
“Journeys through Light and Dark: Dolls as Tellers of Stories”
July 23 – September 25, 2016
Petaluma Arts Center, Petaluma, CA
52nd Annual Collin County Art Show
Awarded Ribbon for Most Creative
- Incite: The Best of Mixed Media; Dreams Realized (North Light Books, publisher) 2013
- International Contemporary Artist Book, Volume V (ICA Publishing, New York, NY) 2012
- Collaborative Art Journals and Shared Visions in Mixed Media by LK Ludwig
- Saavy Crafters Guide to Success by Sandra McCall 2008
- Art Making: Collections and Obsessions by Lynne Perrella 2007
- Beyond Paper Dolls by Lynne Perrella 2006
- Alphabetica by Lynne Perrella 2006
- The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery by Karen Michel 2005
- Stamp Artistry by rice freeman-zachary (Cover Art) 2003
- True Colors, published by Stampington 2003
- The Art of Paper Collage by Susan Pickering Rothamel
- Stamp Art by Sharilyn Miller